Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Day of Growth


Hello to all of our loved ones. Kisses from all of us all the way from Haiti!

Today was day three and it was a rough one.

 Before I give you a glimpse into our day I want you to look at someone you love and say “I love you” and then I would love for to you say to Jesus “ I love you and thank you for today and thank you that I am healthy and that you have given me today!”  Today and tomorrow is never a promise.

Today we visited, served, prayed over and shed many, many tears over frail little babies. The Home of the Sick and Dying is the home to many children/babies that have been abandoned by their parents and are now cared for by the sisters and the “mamas” (the caregivers). Some of the children that have parents are visited daily in the mornings. Many of the babies and children are malnourished, have TB or other illnesses.  

Growth.  How can we experience that today and not GROW. We all grew in different ways and we were all used in different ways. Ways that God had already cleared the path for us to go and grow. He went before us today, he was there with us, he will be with us tomorrow and for that we are forever thankful! Today was a day that we all drew from the strength that God has placed within us.  

Today was also an amazing day of bonding for our team. We really learned that with just a look from a teammate we could say “I know… I know the pain in your heart right now…I love you! You CAN DO THIS.” That is something that we will never forget and that will bond us forever. I am thankful for that.

In true Haitian spirit our plans to visit another hospital was rescheduled because of the traffic. We could not get there in time so hopefully we will visit it another day.

Au revior (goodbye)

Liz

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment